Sunday, October 3, 2010

food. shop. more food

Aaron was away on a backpacking trip this weekend..so when doing my weekly grocery planning/shopping...I planned two dinners for the weekend that I knew Aaron wasn't really a fan of but the boys and I enjoyed. ( 1. Tuna noodle casserole 2. Halupki...)
Tuna noodle casserole, I agree just does not sound good...at all.... but i grew up eating it and always liked it.  The boys have had it once or twice at my parents house and really liked it... So i thought it would be something easy for me to pop in the oven. Halupki is something else i grew up eating... and LOVE it.  I think that Aaron would actually like it but he just cant get past the cabbage.
so....Friday night... I had to give in and get chinese.  I LOOOOOVE chinese food.. and hardly ever get to eat it.  It did not disappoint :)
Saturday was spent all day shopping the annual ( is it annual?) sidewalk sales... Which was a blast and the boys behaved so well.. for having to shop around with a bunch of girls all day. Once we finally got home I was so happy that I had planned an easy meal.  The tuna noodle casserole (organic style) was really yummy.. and even better fast and easy.. which was great because we were all pooped.
There was really no recipe with this.. i basically just mixed together cooked/drained whole wheat fusili pasta, cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheddar cheese, one can of tuna, cooked frozen peas, milk, sour cream, and a shake of salt and pepper. - All organic of course :)
Aaron busted butt and finished his hike early.. so he surprised us by coming home today... I decided to hold the halupki off until later this week considering he would probably be pretty hungry from the weekend and i should make something he liked so..I made up some turkey burgers and homemade oven fries for dinner instead.

yumm... love turkey burgers.
I usually make mine up about the same every time...I never measure anything so this is a guess-timate recipe.
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2  - 3/4 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
2 garlic cloves chopped
3/4 cup rolled oats
pinch of salt and pepper
a few splashes of wishishere sauce
-usually i like them grilled but its pouring outside today so the pan had to do ..
Wayyyy better than regular burgers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment