Tuesday, October 5, 2010

warm heads. warm bellies.

Another hat is finished!!
I really love how this one turned out and cant wait to get to the craft store to stock up on ribbon to make a ton more!


I'm hoping to get my etsy shop back up and running VERY soon :)


Also got around to making up halupki this morning.. it is cooking in the crock pot as we speak! I cant wait for dinner tonight :)
This was one of my favorite meals my mom made growing up. Its such a good meal on a cool day.  I changed it up a little only by replacing the ground beef with ground turkey.  My mom is just like I am..she just eyeballs everything when cooking.. so here is the best recipe i can give.
1 lb ground turkey
1 head of cabbage
1 can/bottle of vegetable juice ( "V8" I found natures promise organic vegetable juice at giant)
1 onion, chopped
1 pepper, chopped
1 can of sour kraut, rinsed and drained
salt & pepper
1/2 cup rice uncooked( my mom uses minute rice and mixes it in uncooked- i only had regular rice so i cooked it a little before mixing it in)

In a bowl mix together ground turkey, onion, pepper, salt & pepper, and rice. Peel off the leaves from your head of cabbage..trying not to tear them then chop up the rest of the cabbage that is left after you peel however many leaves you want.  Add can of sour kraut along with the chopped remainder of your cabbage to the pot.  Fill each cabbage leave with a good sized portion( but small enough to leave room to wrap it up)  of the turkey mixture.  Wrap it up and place in your pot.  Repeat this step with the rest of your turkey mixture and cabbage leaves.  Pour the vegetable juice over top and cover.
Since mine is still cooking.. and this is the first time I've made it... I'm not sure how long its going to take exactly.. Soooo Ill follow up on my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment