Monday, September 13, 2010

finds, friends, football and food

Pretty eventful weekend...
Saturday, I explored the wonderful world of yard sales.  My mom goes rummaging through yard sales alot and always finds great stuff.  I, on the other hand, have had no interest in the whole idea....until Saturday.  I heard about a yard sale going on in downtown Milton.  I love walking through little towns and plus they have an AMAZING park there.  So I decided why not.. it could be a great morning.. walk through the town..check out a few yard sales.. and let the boys run around the park for a while.
What a good idea it was.. I found the first "new" (actually really old) piece to officially kick off the re-decorating Aaron and I have been talking about for the past few months.  Actually, we never officially finished decorating our house.. we were always just too busy so now I am dieing to really get it done.
I'm in love with this little red table that I found and the little $2 antique washboard wasn't too bad of a find either! Now, with just a few other finishing touches.. I think we may have one little wall done! May, not sound like much but I can say that wall has made me extremely happy every time Ive walked past it..and now I feel like we are finally accomplishing something with the house!
Sunday, was a day of watching football with our friends and pigging out on food.  Is it bad that when I think of football I immediately think of food? I love football food! but... I really do just love all food in general! On the football side I'm glad to see both my teams won yesterday! Skins, steelers.. wahoo!!

Obviously, Dada won with the jerseys this weekend.  But, I still think they are pretty cute... even if they are wearing the wrong color :)

No comments:

Post a Comment