Wednesday, September 29, 2010

not so wordless wednesday.

 It really looks like I'm a total slacker.. but really on top of not feeling the greatest.. it has just been a crazy week.
So instead of a wordless wednesday... Here's a nice long post with lots of pics :)

Over the weekend I took the boys to a little fall festival/farmers market in georgetown.  Nothing huge but definitely a nice little adventure for a lazy sunday afternoon.  Both boys enjoyed it and Nolan absolutely LOVED his first face painting experience.  He was very patient and still while the little pumpkin was being painted on his face.  Then had the BIGGEST smile when we was allowed to look in the mirror.  SO cute!   The whole way home i caught him trying to catch a peek in the rear view mirror of his little pumpkin and getting the biggest smile on his face...and of course that put an even bigger smile on my face.  Love him :)


On monday I set myself a goal that wanted to have a new hat finished by the weekend..I finished the hat yesterday and set a new goal to have two more finished by Sunday.  The rainy, pj days at home helped me reach my goal a little faster.. but the cranky, cabin fever-suffering brothers were not so helpful.. but hey, i still got it done.
Here's my upside-down daisy hat:
I love the way it turned out.  I have been dieing to make this hat since i found the pattern in Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty Hats book.  Now that i will be attending a few showers for friends expecting sweet little girls.. it gave me an excuse to make one!

Some yummy food was also made this week...
I had some pears that i need to do something with so yesterday I made a pear loaf in my trusty bread machine.
This turned out to be a great sweet bread.  The taste almost reminded me of a mild pineapple flavor.  It was enjoyed by both boys toasted along side their scrambled eggs this morning :)
Another awesome creation from the bread machine was our dinner last night.  Chicken sausage, spinach and ricotta calzones. These were pretty amazing!

This picture really just does not do them justice.  They were REALLY good.  I made the dough in my bread machine... a slightly altered version of the pizza dough recipe and then made a filling of garlic, onions, chicken sausage, spinach, and ricotta with a little bit of provolone and freshly grated parm thrown into the mix.  These will definitely be added to the recipe circulation.  I kind of just threw these together but next time I will measure everything out so I can share the exact recipe.... considering 4 pretty big calzones were gobbled up in a matter of minutes.. i think they were a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment