Tuesday, September 21, 2010

hot dog soup

Another reason I love fall so much is because I get to start making fall food...most of it which makes the house smell amazing as it bakes.  I just love that.
This recipe may not make the house smell amazing but is in another awesome fall food category.. soup!
 Simple Minestrone (or hot dog soup..as i told Nolan it was called), i found in my Taste of Home Cookbook.  http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Simple-Minestrone 
It caught my eye because it has lots of veggies, of course, but also because it has turkey kielbasa in it.  The hubs loves kielbasa.. so I thought it would be a good, different soup to try.  I did change a few things...In my book it was listed as a meal for two.. so i pretty much doubled( or around there) all the ingredients.  I used one whole can of diced tomatoes instead of  measuring out two cups.  I added probably a little more than double of the veggies it called for.. because you can never go wrong with more veggies.  I used turkey bacon instead of regular and I also used whole wheat fusili pasta instead of macaroni. O yea! I also used light red kidney beans instead of the pinto because I didn't have time to cook the dried pinto beans I had.



With a few homemade crescent rolls on the side.  It was really tasty hit with everyone :)  Definitely a meal we will have again throughout the colder seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment