Thursday, September 9, 2010

winner. winner. chicken dinner

So.. as most of our friends/family know...  the hubs and I made huge change in our lives back in February- we totally gave up fast food and soda.  We also began eating organic. 
I never thought we could give up fast food or soda.  I was a complete cherry coke feen. We also ate fast food alot and we loved it... who doesn't... its just so easy.
We had tried eating organically before.. but never stuck to it.
After watching the documentary "Food Inc." we decided we really needed to make a change especially for Nolan and Liam.  So we said a final farewell to Micky d's and coke and now, 7 months later, we are almost completely organic, have not had one soda or drivethru meal and feel pretty great.( GOOO US!!)
I am really proud of us.. it was not easy but also was not as hard as I thought it would be...I wish i could convince everyone to make the change! It's crazy what a difference it made in the way I feel everyday.
Butttt....Ill leave all the organic talk for another day..... since I started this post with intentions of sharing a recipe I tried tonight and kind of went off on a rant...
Since we started eating organic we eat alot of vegetarian meals.. but still eat meat a few nights a week.  I am always looking for marinade recipes because they don't really make organic marinades (at least not that I have seen) and when we do eat meat I like to make it healthy.. not mixed or slathered with a bunch of junk.  I like marinades made with simple stuff. 
I tried this new marinade tonight and I was a fan! Easy and pretty tasty.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves crushed

I cut the recipe in half for 3 chicken breast and only let them marinade for a few hours.. I think they definitely could have soaked just a little longer but they were still yummy! With a little broccoli and a baked potato.. it ended up being a great meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment